Friday, January 23, 2009

It's beginning ...

Well, I'm 3 days away from getting on a plane headed to Africa! Its been a crazy couple weeks. Part of me is ready for Monday to come, but another part of me is not ... there's still too much to do, too much to savor of my life here, and too many goodbyes to say. However, I'm ready to be done with the waiting ... I'm ready to be done with the nerves ... and I'm ready to be excited. I good friend of mine suggested to me tonight that I step out of the Martha shoes and into the Mary shoes. To simply enjoy the journey I'm on and the plans God has for me - to savor the experience I'm about to have. And she's right to a certain extent. My priorities haven't been where I want them to be. But as she says, it is was it is. And I can't regret the past, but just look to ahead to the future.

So I'm looking to the future. I'm fearful, yes, but I'm ready to be writing about my experiences in Rwanda. To share stories, new friends, and my heart with you. Are you ready?

This is my first entry since July when I started this blog ... let's hope I do better about keeping it up!

If you think of me in the next 48 hours or so, say a prayer - it's probably the Holy Spirit whispering to you to remember me and offer me up to the Lord!

1 comment:

Mona said...

Taking the road less traveled! Wouldn't it be a different world if everyone knew enough about themselves to follow their bliss by the age of 30??? You have my envy and support dear niece. Love, Mona