Monday, March 2, 2009

Psalm 143

So I realize it’s been awhile since my last blog … I think I’ve been a little distracted emotionally and sort of froze in that state. But I think I’m coming out of it, and am praying it continues. It always feels so good when you’re able to come out of yourself, ya know? Keep praying for me! I try to take it day-to-day, literally.

Psalm 143 has given me much comfort lately. Verse 8 is one that I’ve read several times … its one that was written in my “Bible verses” notebook.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
I love it because it reminds me that tomorrow is another day! No matter how hard today is, no matter how much hurt, fear, loneliness I’ve experienced … tomorrow is another day. A day to start fresh. If I can just close my eyes and allow my heart and mind to rest for the night, the morning will come. And with the morning, it’s a new chance to be reminded of God’s love for me and his sovereignty over my circumstances and life. It’s a time to be reminded of who He is and who I am in Him! If I’ve forgotten that He’s present, or if I can’t find Him, then there’s always hope for the next day. There’s always a new opportunity to start over and trust God again and allow Him to show me the way instead of trying to find it on my own! And there’s so many times when my soul is disheartened, when my soul is heavy and even empty. But “in the morning”—and really every minute of the day—all I need to do is lift up my soul to the Lord. He will make it well again. And if He doesn’t make it well right away, then there’s a reason. And I have to trust Him with even that.

1 comment:

Be You said...

Thanks for your blog. It is inspiring. Even reminds me of what I've been thinking recently. That when I have a positive attitude, am joyous or just hopeful, then I'm connected to God and there's no telling what things might happen that will work for me. But when I am collapsing inside, or otherwise negative or frustrated with "what is", then I'm holding myself separate. In that case, the possibilities are much more limited and often the results are quite negative.

I don't know if that fits, but it's great to be able to "talk" to you!!

I love you!

Be You